Someone on the Karelia Forum asked, "Is there a way in Sandvox to create a Menu item on the menu bar that will give me a drop down list of links to pages of photo albums?"
In the submenus of this menu (Other>External links>…) you see just such menu items.
It is easily created in Sandvox, as follows.
- Create a new page in Sandvox (text will do); (It might be an idea to give it the name you want straight away, as there seems to be a bug in Sandvox: name it straight away and you'll get a triangle after the name to indicate sub-items, wait and the triangle doesn't show.)
- In you browser, go to the page of the photo album or any other external site you wish to reference;
- Back in Sandvox create an External Link type page in the navigation column; once created, drag it over the page you created in step 1 and drop it, making it subordinate to that page;
- In your browser, go to another page in any site you wish to reference;
- Repeat steps 3 and 4 as required;
- Place a Titles and Summaries Index object on the top text page (the one you made in step 1), if you wish. This will provide body-text links in addition to the menu-bar links and will look like this:
You can change the names of the links and the main page in the navigation column; these changes will be reflected in your tab and sub-menu items. In the example, I have change all of the names, apart from the last one. That one points to the same site as the Welsh item, but I just wanted to show how the name can be changed. All you need to do is to select the name in the navigation bar and and type over it; simple text editing.
This is the navigation bar in Sandvox for this demo: